Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter blahs

I love winter, don't get me wrong, but this winter has yet to impress me. No snowstorms in our area, no minus 20 nights, no cracking in the rafters... The snow isn't quite deep enough to cross country ski, unless you like being hung up on rocks, fallen branches and grass. Give me the winter of 2009, when our driveway looked like this:
That of course was the winter we moved from the white cheesemasters house to the brick farmhouse. The winter we couldn't use our driveway because the snowblower stopped working. The winter I moved most of our household by sled, up the driveway...
It was tough work, but it was a memorable winter. So bring on the winter!!!

2 comments:

  1. That has been the best winter I can remember. That and the winter of 2008 when it snowed 5-10 cm's every other day for weeks on end. I hope Father Winter ups the ante this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin had 21 snow days in 2008! The winter every child dreams of!

    ReplyDelete